Date of establishment:
12 May 2013
- Dr. Asieh Mansouri
- Mahnaz Jozan
Coronary artery disease is considered a common heart disease and the main cause of mortality across the world and in Iran. Today, more successful and modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods with fewer complications have been introduced into the field of medicine and are widely and routinely used in different hospitals. In fact, cardiac catheterization and vascular angiography are definite diagnostic methods for determining the severity and the site of coronary artery stenosis, the number of stenotic coronary arteries, left ventricular function, the size of heart valves, heart valve stenosis, heart valve failure, and congenital lesions. Other therapeutic measures are normally taken simultaneously in the catheterization unit, including vascular angioplasty, valvuloplasty or widening of a stenotic aortic valve using balloon valvotomy, and repairing certain congenital defects and treating some arterial and venous diseases.
Vision of the research center for invasive cardiovascular measures
In the next five years, we intend to use the continuous efforts and cooperation of researchers to establish one of the most active and credible research centers for invasive cardiovascular measures in Iran in line with Iran’s Development Plan and the university’s vision, so that the statistics and reports published by this center are cited by international associations and academia. We also need to develop the quality and quantity of studies such that the cardiovascular health of the public is ultimately improved using the available facilities. This center plans to be the pioneer of production and publication of modern medical science and technology in the Middle East and to improve its interactions with the industry to commercialize the innovative research findings and to develop its interactions with international centers.
The research center for invasive cardiovascular measures intends to pioneer in maintaining and promoting the community health by developing the research culture and encouraging fundamental and applied research and presenting training programs and preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic solutions associated with coronary artery disease, angioplasty, stenting as well as arterial and venous diseases.
Based on Islamic values, medical ethics, social justice, valuing and acknowledging research and researchers, and promotion of human development indicators, this center uses advanced and efficient technologies, extend knowledge boundaries, and institutionalize the research culture to provide the medical and paramedical communities, researchers, the public and patients in the country and in the Middle East with its services, including promotion of the public health, promotion of general and specialized knowledge of relevant fields and establishment and promotion of the management system.
History of the research center for invasive cardiovascular measures
The agreement in principle for the establishment of this center was obtained on May 12th, 2013.
Main goals of the research center for invasive cardiovascular measures
1. To conduct epidemiological, ecological, basic sciences, clinical and sociological studies based on community needs, and to perform fundamental and applied research for quantitatively and qualitatively developing the center’s science production
2. To create a proper platform for cooperating with the professors of other disciplines
3. To facilitate exchanging information and research results among experts
4. To participate in the education of the community at different levels and to enhance the public awareness about risk factors through training programs and presenting the research results to journals
5. To create, establish and promote the management system for recording and tracking patient data based on a research attitude by setting up an information registration unit in hospitals of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
6. To present clinical and therapeutic solutions and guidelines in related fields
7. To achieve modern methods and advanced diagnostic, therapeutic and follow-up technologies in related fields
8. To promote the scientific credentials in related fields
9. To lay proper foundations for admitting Ph.D. students
10. To act in an evidence-based manner in the field of invasive cardiovascular measures by supporting applied research
11. To develop the research management of research projects on invasive cardiovascular measures
12. To determine research priorities and pay attention to Iran’s position in the world in terms of the indicators of invasive cardiovascular measures
13. To promote the quantity and quality of admissions in diagnostic and therapeutic methods
14. To promote the intra-organizational and inter-organizational partnership in invasive cardiovascular measures research
15. To develop research projects on the quantity and quality of services provided for patients
16. To increase the level of awareness of the beneficiaries and policymakers of the health system about invasive cardiovascular measures
17. To execute 30% of the research projects through funding from firms, pharmaceutical industry and medical equipment manufacturers over the first five years of the program
1. To collect and record the information of patients undergoing angiography-angioplasty and stenting prospectively and continuously
2. To record information associated with the cardiac outcomes and complications of catheterization in patients through follow-ups
3. To record information associated with the vascular outcomes and complications of catheterization in patients through follow-ups
4. To use the information recorded in this databank with the aim of writing scientific articles and reports and publishing them in international journals and presenting them to local policymakers
5. To present the annual report of the patients’ status and the results obtained from the procedure at national and international levels and also compare the procedure results obtained in this center with those obtained in other centers in Iran and abroad
Important research projects:
1. Recording the coronary interventional information in Isfahan, and recording coronary interventional information at national level as a pilot
2. Studying early and late incidents after the angioplasty of coronary arteries in patients presenting to Shahid Chamran Hospital in Isfahan over a six-month period
3. Investigating the factors affecting the major complications of angioplasty in patients with cardiac infarction during hospitalization
4. Evaluation of intermediate coronary altery lesions by fractional flow reserve and routine coronary angiography
5. The comparative investigation of the incidence rate of arterial thrombosis and hemorrhagic complications in administering arterial heparin with 2500- and 5000-unit doses in patients undergoing coronary angiography through radial artery and the relationship between the emergence of these complications and the predictors
6. Investigating the side effects and outcomes of patients undergoing angiography or PCI of coronary arteries using the ulnar approach in Chamran and Noor hospitals
Establishing a national databank for invasive cardiovascular measures
Patients have access and are provided with the services of the clinic and the clinical laboratory of the research institute.
Admitting students for Ph.D. by research from candidates with a general practitioner degree, Master’s degree in nursing, Master’s degree in public health, etc.
Advising and offering consultation for the dissertations of medical and paramedical students and cardiovascular residents related to the activities of this center
Collaboration with other centers and institutions
Interventional Cardiology Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute,
Shahid Rahmani Alley, Moshtagh Sevom St.,
+98 31 36115234
+98 31 36115235